Friday, October 30, 2009

"...significant improvements are certainly possible."

Here's what my horoscope was today:

You may not feel very lighthearted today as the Moon harshly aspects your key planet Saturn, turning your smile into a discouraging scowl. Fortunately, you have a choice to make. You can let the pressure get to you as you fearfully worry about something you cannot control. Or you can turn your frown into a determined grin, knowing that your positive attitude changes the nature of the game. Don't expect miracles, but significant improvements are certainly possible.

So, I hate horoscopes. I don't even check them because I think they're silly, and because they take your attention of what truly rules your life, and makes you feel that it's all in the alignment of the stars. phooey.

*but*

If you have any idea what's been going on in my life this week, you know that this horoscope fits me perfectly. On Wednesday, waiting for the first call, I was all antsy and anxious and couldn't sit still for cleaning and cooking and finding my passport. Last night, I was the opposite. Waiting for the second call, and I was nauseous and nervous and really upset.
~~ I think because it's sorta real now, ya know? As in, I might have to make a life-changing decision in the next few days/weeks...

The end.

3 comments:

  1. I hate life-changing decisions...good luck and I'll be praying. Yeah, don't listen to those stupid horoscopes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this sounds ominous. (Is that how you spell it girls?) Sounds like you know where to go for the answer....

    Funny how I read in our monthly devotional magazine "Journey" that God is not pleased when we use Quija boards and astrology. Then you write about them in the same week. Maybe He's trying to tell me something....

    Good luck on your decision, when it comes time to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right! I don't like listening to these things because it takes our attention of the one who's really in charge. And yep, I've already been looking in the "right" places for the answer instead of this :-)
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.