Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm sharing my old postcards with you.

I have a wonderful collection that I would like to share with you.
I collect old postcards.
Preferably ones that have already been mailed.
Here are a few of them:

"He kissed me, and I know it was wrong,
For we were neither kith nor kin
But need a body do penance long
For such a tiny sin!"


Yes, it was actually mailed. Look at the stamp (one cent!).
Also, postmarked Feb 19, 1909. This postcard is over 100 years old.
Amazing.

The back of it says:
"Good-By
H.L.C.
will come to
see you again
sometime

727 White Grand gets
write to me. Colo."

And here's the front of that one from 1909.

This one is probably my favorite. It wasn't mailed, but
it says something fun on the back. I'll get to that.
First off, understand that the red parts of this
were added (painted in) by someone else.

Now, the back says:
"Heres what I painted
but I have not time to paint
like Bertha.
Irene"

And this one's just cute.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Someday, I want to frame them and put them all over my house. I also want to get a whole lot more. If you're ever out somewhere, look in antique stores for them. They're usually pretty cheap (these were between $0.75 and $1.50!). I'll even pay for shipping! Be on the lookout for me. Awesome. PS These make great Christmas/ Birthday/ Valentine's Day/ President's Day/ Thanksgiving/ Arbor Day/ Bosses Day gifts.

I'm just sayin'.


1 comment:

  1. So cute! I didn't know you collected these. What a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.