Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Christmas is *still* coming

I just now-- just this second-- figured out what I'm going to make for my aunt and uncle for Christmas! Thanks to the Long Thread link posted on The Seam Rippers, there was an article for kids' placemats. Well, that got me thinking how George and Toni are always searching their house for placemats, so I'm going to make my own for them. Plus they're in the process of painting the inside of their house to those warm colors, golds and brick red, so they need something to match. I'm so excited! I found these instructions for making placemats, and it seems so super easy. I'm excited to do another handmade item for someone. They're much more special gifts when they're made by hand, don't you think?

On a side note, my boyfriend is my hero today. He let it slip that he had a long conversation with my mom last night about Christmas gifts. Mom didn't tell me they talked, but Chris told me today. He's one of the worst secret-keepers, but he gets a pass for having the initiative to talk to my mom about my Christmas gift :-)

2 comments:

  1. Do you get excited when you decide on a certain gift for someone? I do. It's like getting a gift yourself, right then!!!

    I'm anxious to see your homemade gift. Please post it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to post it! I probably won't do it until the beginning of December, but I'll be looking forward to it from now until then :-) And you're right about it sort of being like a gift yourself. I'm usually so happy to give it to them also, it's hard to wait until Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.