Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day 24

Day 24

Hello, all!

I had a great day today.  Had an interesting lunch then took a nap.  Went to stone road with Simon, and bought a bunch of great things.  A wonderful gift for Leann, one for her unborn son, a scarf for me, some chopstick sets, a gift for Mansa, and a bracelet I'd seen a week and a half ago.  It'd been on my mind for that whole time, so it meant to me that I was supposed to buy it :-)  plus, last time I saw it, they told me it was 98 yuan.  This time, when Simon asked how much in Chinese, they said 50.  I'm thrilled.  Just having him there saved me that much money!  We didn't even have to bargain!  It's made of pewter, and I just love it so much.  Might be my new favorite bracelet ever.

After shopping, we went to a Korean bbq place for dinner.  It was an experience, and I took pictures of the food and of the ladies cooking for us.

Tomorrow I think I'll go down to Guan Qian again.  I still have more shopping to do.  There's people I want to get things for that I haven't found something yet.  I'm looking forward to finishing up my shopping.  Plus, I only have one more weekend after this one!  Can you believe it??  I'll be home in less than two weeks!  I'm excited to come back.  I'm loving the shopping, and that I can have a phenomenal dinner for less than $10.50, but I'm more excited to be home.  I've already got reservations at my uncle's house for cold beer and spaghetti when I return :-)  I also get to have Christmas a week later than everyone else, probably on New Year's day.  Shortly after that is my birthday!  Jan 17, don't forget it!

I'm including a picture of the gingerbread house in my hotel lobby and a statue near Stone Road..  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, you'll be home soon! And I'm super excited about the gifts. I know we will love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, to buy everyone's gift in CHINA! Wow. And the pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.