Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 25

Day 25

You'll never guess what I did today.

Well, if you've been reading my blog regularly, you probably do.  I went shopping :-)

I went to Guan Qian, since I didn't go yesterday.  You know there were still things that I wanted to get for some other people.  Sheesh, I wish that I didn't know anyone that reads this, cause I'd love to tell you what I got!  Instead, I have to keep it a secret.  Anyways, I got another necklace for me, and a bunch of things for other people.  *sigh*  I want to tell you!  Okay, here's what I got—something for my bosses, some things for people at work, and two of the greatest gifts ever for Chris.  I'm happy.  Then I came back to my room and took a nap.  Oh, wait.  I forgot about lunch.  I ate at a Chinese curry restaurant.  It was good.  I had vegetables in curry sauce with rice.

Okay, now back to my hotel room.  I took a nap, then went to eat.  I had the concierge write down "beef", "vegetables", and "rice" in Chinese, and I took it to a restaurant down the street.  I thought I'd get something like stir fry, but I got a divided plate with a section for rice, one for that kind of melon that sort of tastes like zucchini (but more bland), a fried egg (didn't eat that, obvi), beef, and a small section with peanuts.  It was not what I expected, but it was good.  And I can even pick up individual peanuts with my chopsticks.  You'd be proud.

Mom, I got my picture taken today, just like you asked me to!  It is in front of the Hall of Learning, and it's with a bunch of Chinese people :-)  Love you!

 

1 comment:

  1. Good girl. If we don't have any pictures how will we ever believe you were really in China!

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.