Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 7

Day 7

I woke up and opened my curtains like I do every morning.  This time, I was met with a wall of white.  Not snow, fog!  It was so horrible.  When I finally got downstairs to head for the bus stop, I saw that everything above the 7th floor of the hotel was covered in fog.  Driving, you couldn't see probably 50 feet in front of you.  It's amazing I didn't pass more accidents than I did!

Notes forgotten from past blogs—

1)      The "squatty potty" is way more prevalent than I imagined it would be.  There will be a nice restaurant, and it has a squatty potty.  If you don't know what that is, google pictures of china toilets.

2)      Why the heck did mom send me some 200 travel packets of Kleenex??  Oh, yeah.  I use them for tp at the squatty potty, because they don't have any, and also the change in climate has really messed up my nose.  Thanks, mom :-)

Sometimes I really think communication is getting better between me and the techs.  They respond a bit more, and some who really didn't speak English when I first got there, well, I'm finding out that they do in fact speak some.  Then, they'll break off into Chinese between themselves, and I can't help but wonder if they're talking about me some.  You know what I mean?

I'm starting to get a cough :-(   I think from the weather.  It's cold, humid, and polluted.  It's mainly a tickle in my throat that makes me cough.  Not like coughing spells, just random throat-clearing small coughs, you know?  Boo.

I didn't go out for dinner tonight.  Didn't do anything special, really.  I took a short walk after work to find a hairbrush cause I forgot mine, and this hotel comb just isn't cutting it.  I also picked up some sweet rolls (they're really just like mini hoagie buns) and a tube of oreos.  So right now, I'm dipping oreos in hot cocoa.  I'm all ready for bed.  Just waiting for Chris to get online so I can say hi.

 

2 comments:

  1. Did you do a post yesterday? Because I didn't see it.

    I miss you. A lot.

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.