Sunday, January 31, 2010


Chris and I had a lovely day yesterday. We started at IHOP, where Chris designed the Eiffel Creamer, and I enjoyed some delicious chocolate chip pancakes. Then we went to Fort Worth for the Stock Show and Rodeo. We didn't get into the rodeo, because they were all sold out for the day, but we did get to see quite a few animals.


By "quite a few animals", I really mean "quite a few cows, and a sprinkling of goats". We were trying to find the pigs, the horses, the sheep-- all the other animals, but just saw barn after barn of cows. This one was HUGE-- I wanted to lay on it because I'm pretty sure it was like a giant love sac. Actually, it was probably uncomfortable. For lunch, Chris had a cowboy burrito (like a mix of a Philly steak and a breakfast burrito) and I had a bread bowl with chili in it. It was AH-mazing.


Today, I feel pretty "UGH". Wish I could explain it. I did a little around the house-- straightened up my sewing desk and got my sewing machine all ready for the quilt-a-long that starts this week (squeel!), and straightened up the coffee table that was holding all things Wii. Put the remotes in the drawer of the TV stand, then lit these candles. What I love about lit candles is that it automatically makes a room feel cleaner, more homey. I've lit a midnight jasmine, an orange sherbet, and a vanilla medley. They all smell wonderful together.

Now, I'm about to sit down and read some of the book that I'm in, until I get so sleepy I can't open my eyes anymore. I might go put some clothes in the wash so that when I wake up they're ready for the dryer... then again, I might wait until tomorrow. I did start on my Home Organization Binder. I'm really looking forward to starting on this sort of a schedule-- I really think it'll make keeping the house clean so much easier. I'd had this sort of idea before, but hadn't had enough info (or desire!) to really follow through with it. Now I do, especially with a roomate coming in less than a week. I don't want her to think I'm a slob. I mean, I don't think that I come across as one, but I want to be as clean as I think I am, you know?

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to start on my binder this weekend but I did a lot of work yesterday on the house (you can't tell) have had a headache since yesterday afternoon. Those really put a kink in my plans. Bummer.

    Sounds like you had a great weekend though!

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.