Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm a little behind, I suppose...

(I probably should have posted this one on the 1st, you know, with it being New Year's and all... but I'm behind. Don't hate.)
2009...what can I say about you? You were both good and bad. As a matter of fact, the last decade was both good and bad. I'm not sorry to see you go, that's for sure. I can only hope that 2010 is filled with much more joy than 2009.


1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? Moved to Texas

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for 2010? I really don't think I made any solid resolutions in 2009. I don't usually. I made some for 2010-- read a previous blog for more information.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Morgan Balwanz. Man, I wish that girl answered emails or facebook messages...

4. Did anyone close to you die? Not that I remember.

5. What countries did you visit? China! But only in November and December. Most other years I'd have no good answer to this.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Money. And better ways to manage the moneys that I have.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

July 4 -
first time I ever talked to Chris.
November 20
- Leann visiting for New Moon premiere.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting a job after being laid off. Being tracked down to go work in China was pretty cool, too.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Totaling my car. Or catching my house on fire. Or the water heater flooding the house. Or getting laid off. Choose one.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I always do! This year, ruptured a tendon in my ankle. It was horrible. So glad I had Chris to care for me.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new vehicle after mine was totaled.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Not really sure. I don't even really know what this means.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? As Leann said, some people on facebook. It's just that you *broadcast* EVERYTHING and I really don't want to know.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving to Texas, paying mortgage on an empty house.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Houston-area for a surprise trip to see Jimmy Needham lead worship, and Leann visiting me in November.

16. What songs will always remind you of 2009? "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon, and (unfortunately) anything by Taylor Swift *cough*sigh*

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder?
Much happier.
b) Thinner or fatter? Probably about 20 lbs thinner. Only cause I stayed stable til I lost that weight while in China.

c) Richer or poorer?
Poorer. Definitely. I had two mortgages, so my "huge raise" was nullified.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Knitting. I really need to get back into that. It calms me. And, sorta, cleaning. Not that I wish I spent more time cleaning, but that I wish my house was cleaner, so..
.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spend money on things that don't show for it later.

20. How did you spend Christmas? In China. Then again with Chris, opening presents and having monkey bread. We went out also, but I forget where.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Absolutely.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey's Anatomy.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope. That's bad for you.

25. What was the best book you read?
I'm always horrible at remembering what books I read. Only cause I was prompted do I even remember The Road by Cormac Macarthy (sp?)

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
July for Kings and Kings of Leon.

27. What did you want and get?
Leann to visit. My parents to visit. Dominoes for Christmas.

28. What did you want and not get?
I don't remember winning the lottery this year...?

29. What was your favorite film of this year? New Moon. I liked The Time Traveler's Wife, only because I'd read the book AGES ago, so it kinda meant something to me, ya know?

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I didn't do anything. I think there was probably a cake at bible study that week, but that's safe to say because we did that for everyone's birthday week.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not losing my job maybe? But that turned out to be a blessing in disguise-- would have never moved to Dallas if I hadn't lost it.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
I'm classic. Cardigans, argyle, oh, and I'm addicted- ADDICTED- to scarves.

33. What kept you sane?
I suppose my dogs. And Leann for sure. I had this mini-breakdown and she hung in there, even a state away.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I'll always love me some Morgan Freeman :-)

35. What political issue stirred you the most? I really try to stay away from politics. Basically, whatever's going to happen is going to happen whether I stress about it or not, so I just stay happily naive about those things.

36. Who did you miss?
Leann. I still miss her all the time.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Have you even been paying attention?? I moved to a new state! I have met a ton of people! The best of those? Has to be Chris. Duh.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Listen to the little signs. God speaks all around you. You can't follow if you don't hear what He's saying.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: I take a pass on this one. I don't ever know lyrics, or who sang them, or anything. Wait. I liked some lyrics so much I saved them on my phone. Here you go:

"What If" by Jordan Lavik

What if I climbed that mountain, what if I swam to that shore
What if every battle was victorious then would you love me more
Would you love me more
What if I were everyone's first choice, what if I went farther than before
What if I stood high above the rest than would you love me more
Would you love me more

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do
You say I belong to you I'm in awe of why you do
Why you do, why you do, I'm in awe of you, ooh

What if I ignored the hand that fed me, what if I forgot to confess
What if I stumbled down that mountain then would you love me less
Lord would you love me less

What if I were everyone's last choice what if I mixed in with the rest
What if I failed what I passed before then would you love me less
Lord would you would you love me less, oh no oh no oh no

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do
You say I belong to you I'm in awe of why you do
You do you do you do

What have I done to deserve your son sent to die for me
What can I give I want to live give me eyes to see
In a world that keeps changin' there's one thing that I know is true
Your love is stayin' there's nothing else I'll hold onto

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do
You say I belong to you I'm in awe of why you do
Why you do

You say I belong to you apart from the things I do
You say I belong to you I'm in awe of why you do
I'm in awe of you I'm in awe of you

The way you love me, the way you do
The way you do , the way you love me, you love me , you love me
The way you do the way you do the way you love me,
the way you love you love you love

---
Thanks to Leann for the idea.

1 comment:

  1. Morgan doesn't have internet at home and she's not back at work yet, so that's why she doesn't check her stuff. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.