Friday, January 8, 2010

Mwah!

So.
Today, we're gonna talk about kissing.
Get the kids out of the room, folks.
(*snicker*)


A long time ago, scientists proclaimed that people found kissing pleasurable because when the two lips met during kissing, an electric current was generated.

We now know this to be completely untrue but new studies have shown that when two people embrace, hormones are released into the blood stream which immediately induces a sense of euphoria when you feed on the sweetness of your mouth.

(I found this on a site that is used to teach "adolescents" how to kiss)

I write this because I'm about to get personal. If you don't want to know me, stop reading now.

My boyfriend and I don't kiss. Okay, I lie. We kiss. We don't kiss often. If you know us at all, though, you know we're the "high fives before marriage" type (as my friend Sarah says)-- we don't want to have sex before we get married. The end. This feat is a lot easier to accomplish without kissing... you totally know what I mean without me having to spell it out for you. A leads to B leads to...

Last night, Chris kissed me. And man, was it nice. See, when you live the way we do, the kisses become so much more special. Get your mind out of the gutter, it was just kissing. In the kitchen, even. I think he feels like it's easy for me. Meaning, the whole "being good" part. It's not. It takes work. But I remember the greater goal, so try to stay away from temptations-- including kissing.

So, the moral of this blog is that kissing is special. Everyone should remember that. I didn't always when I was younger, so I'm glad I've now got a guy and a time in my life that helps me to realize that again.

3 comments:

  1. You DO realized how blessed you are, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of you to say :-)
    Yeah, I realize it. Most of the time. It's nice to be reminded though!

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.