Sunday, January 17, 2010

My surprise birthday party

Today's my birthday! But yesterday was the real party. I had a wonderful day-- spent it shopping with my friend Sarah. We went to Halmark, where I picked up some things for Tech Week. Then I found an awesome kiddie consignment shop-- Sarah had to go in there for business, and I was just browsing... til I started seeing how cheap everything was! Then I picked out a TON of things for baby Winston. It was so much fun and I can't wait to go back and get more for him! Then we went to Joann's and picked out fabric for my quilting project. Stay tuned for more information on that-- it starts the last week of January.

What do you think of it? I love the bird fabric. I bought a little extra of that one and am going to try to cut out my squares so that I focus on the birds. Love it!!

Then, we went to lunch at Gregory-something's. It was a brewhouse, and really delicious. We each had a glass of wine, and split an appetizer of calamari then a garlic chicken pizza. All was great. At this point, I needed to do my shoe shopping. We went to Nordstrom's Rack, and if you haven't been there, you have to go. You REALLY have to go. I'm not going to tell you how much I spent, but for the four pairs of really good quality shoes and a cardigan, I spent WAY less than I would have anywhere else. And the shoes were just what I wanted.

Then it's time to come home. When I walked in to my kitchen, this is what I was greeted with:


Chris went out and bought me the placemats I'd said I wanted from Target! He also got the table runner and the centerpiece. And if you can see the oil cruet, it's because he accidentally dropped my old one, and this is the replacement :-)


Close up of the placemats-- of course they have paisleys on them!

After a quick nap and freshening-up, Sarah and I headed to Chris' place-- because that's what our instructions were. All I knew was that we had "plans". We ended up driving pretty far for dinner at Flip's Patio Grill. I'd never been there, but it was a ton of fun, good food. Like any other generic restaurant, basically.


Well, since Sarah was with us, I figured Zack would join also. Sure enough, he did.


(Here's Preston's face, by Zack, then Zack, then Parker and Sarah).


Turns out, it was a surprise party for me! Chris did all the organizing with Erica's help, and a lot of people I know came. Even Nina and Jeremiah showed up! Also in attendance, but not pictured are: Mansa, Tony, Connie, Michelle, Hannah and her friend (I can't spell his name). For gifts, I got:
* Starbucks Via instant coffee
* A Best Buy gift card
* A target gift card
* A "ni-hao" Nickelodeon board game (to remind me of China!) <-- haha
* A gift certificate for hair/nails done from Connie, Chris' sister (who's almost done with beauty school!)


After dinner, a few of us decided to go to The Main Event. It was basically a big-kid's arcade. It was fun! Chris and I played ski-ball, racing games, he won me a monkey in a claw game... then we cashed our tickets in for fun stuff like mood rings and care bear figurines. Tons of fun!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome birthday! I'm so envious... The fabric is to. die. for. Makes me want to quilt!!

    Love the placemats and runner. I'm amazed there is a man who actually pays attention when a woman says she wants something specific. I've been married almost 33 years and my husband still doesn't hear me when I point out something I want.

    Happy Birthday Erin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ni-hao still creeps me out. I don't care if she's nice.

    Can't wait to see what you bought for the boy. :)

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.