Thursday, February 11, 2010

a few thoughts

Can I just say that i generally don't refer to myself as "beautiful".
Heck, I don't even think I'm terribly pretty.
But my boyfriend thinks so, so that's good for the relationship...

Anyways, I got a compliment yesterday,
and someone told me I wasn't pretty-- I was absolutely beautiful.
Unprompted.
Without wanting anything in return.
Honest.

It's a little thing sometimes that turns your whole world of thinking upside down.

It's snowing here.

I grabbed a hot cocoa from Starbucks, but had them add chai.

Have you ever tried that? It's delish.

It tastes like Mexican Hot Cocoa.




Please pray for Lynn, my new roomate.
She's just gone through a lot of stress, leaving her friends and family to move here.
Has been here since Saturday.
She's flying home today because her mom's dying.
I can't imagine how her world's being turned upside down.

5 comments:

  1. You ARE beautiful! I've told you that...

    Will pray for Lynn. I can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me think of this post http://www.alittlegreat.com/2010/02/little-love-letter-to-your-body-ten.html
    Aside from the bit about your roommate, who will be in my thoughts, I loved the rest of the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why you wouldn't think you are beautiful or even pretty. You are lovely. Inside and out. Remember you did get a marriage proposal in China.... ;)

    Poor Lynn, we will keep her lifted up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you in pictures and think you're are so beautiful!!!!

    You're poor roommate.... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are beautiful Erin. Remember that always! Im so sorry to hear about your roommates mom. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. <3

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.