Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Goals (of course) and a New Recipe (?)

It's Monday... and that means it's time to list my goals for the week. Today, I've got all sorts of goals to list. All different ones that I either *know* or am pretty darn sure I can accomplish this week.

Goal #1: Tech Week goes off without a hitch. We'll see how that one goes. Earlier today, I couldn't even leave my office because of all the stuff there for preparations!



Goal #2: TWO new recipes this week. I only say that because I have one brand new recipe in the crock pot so I don't know how much that counts as my new recipe for the week.

Goal #3: Fresh veggies at lunches. Meaning, pack some carrots or sliced red peppers to have with my sandwich and cheese sticks.

Goal #4: Play on the Wii 4 times this week. Seriously. Because, although I don't have the Wii Fit (so it's not *really* exercise), it does get me up and moving instead of sitting on the couch.

Goal #5: Write in my praise journal. Not gonna list a number of entries, just that I want to write in it. Maybe early morning, maybe before bed-- just do it.

Wow, that's a lot of goals for one week. Well, I'm halfway done with one of them! Goal #2 (two new recipes)-- tonight I had Orange Chicken, and it was horrible. Trust me. I couldn't even finish my meal. The best part was the steamed broccoli and white rice. Bella liked it though! I think the problem is that I was using a crock pot that is a little too big. The chicken always gets dry in it-- it seems like the main things I can cook are going to be soups and something with beef. It bums me out, because I have a ton of recipes that have chicken in it. Boo.

In any case, I still count that as a goal halfway done. Plus, it meant I watched serving size, having half a plate of veggies, a quarter rice, and a quarter disgusting orange chicken.

It wasn't even worth a picture. Boo.

1 comment:

  1. I hate when new recipes fail. That's why I don't try new things that often. I hate to waste food.

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.