Tuesday, February 2, 2010

my new home organization binder

I *finally* started my Home Organization Binder!
and i heart it...

I basically copied the bones of it from this site, which I actually stole from Leann's recent blog. I'm only at the beginning of it, but as you open it, you'll see the following things:

a pencil case, with pen, pencil, dry erase marker, and sticky notes
a laminated copy of Proverbs 31:10-31
daily schedule with "definitions"-- see Samara Jane's blog again.

I've also got a section for cleaning, which includes:

natural cleaning products (lemon juice, vinegar, baking soda)
--> and where/how to use them!
an emergency quick clean guide
miscellaneous cleaning tips
-- removing the ring from a collar
-- removing blood from furniture/clothes
-- killing flies (use hairspray!)

I then have a section about organization, which has ideas for keeping closets organized, organizing jewelry boxes, organizing photographs, all taken from links on this site.

I plan on having a "kitchen" section, which will have info for kitchen tips, a place to keep favorite recipes, that sort of thing. Like I said, it's a work in progress.

Everything is kept in sheet protectors-- then I can use the dry erase marker to make notes on the pages, like marking when my chores are done, or adding ideas to the cleaning or organizing sections. I'm excited. I've always been the type of person who needs lists and stuff like this. Even at work, they order special notebooks for me that have graph paper because it helps me organize my lists :-)

2 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest that you go to the organized home site, they have some good ideas and printables but I see you might have BTDT. I found the emergency quick clean list and daily schedule to be the most helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute notebook! I still haven't gotten started on mine.

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.