Thursday, February 18, 2010

the weather is gorgeous today

Today is beautiful.

I rode home with my sunroof open, blaring Michael Buble and rocking my sunglasses.

It's hard to believe that less than a week ago, we had over a foot of snow here!

Look at those skies-- *sigh*-- one of the reasons I love living here. Bright blue, and not a cloud in sight.

Did I mention that it's currently 64 degrees here?

Well, it is.
smile









This is all that's left of that foot-plus of snow. A lonely little ice chunk sitting on my back steps.


Did you know I have a pecan tree? I can gather so many pecans in a season-- I'm still pretty sure we only picked up about half of them that fell. The rest are still sitting on the ground, littered in between dead sticks and this year's dead leaves.


I love when she does this-- Maya is always licking her nose, and her super-long tongue goes up nearly to her eyeballs!


Looks like it's time to dust off the grill soon. With skies like this, you can't waste the evenings indoors cooking in an oven. It's almost grilling season!


(yes, I changed into slippers as soon as I got home-- then went outside in said dirty slippers) I have *got* to do something about these leaves. I keep wanting to rake them on a Saturday, but it's been raining on Thursdays or Fridays (or we get a surprise foot-plus of snow) so they are too wet to rake up. I think I might have to just bite the bullet soon and at least start the process. That, or hire someone to do it for me... hmmm...

Anyone wanna make a few extra bucks? :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm in my slippers too. Of course, my feet are swollen like two pillows...

    It did not get up into the 60s today but it was still lovely. Just like your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was the day everyone has been wishing for. BEAUTIFUL. I wanted to rake some of the billion gum balls in my backyard, but business is still not done regarding aunt and her passing. I hope next week is warm enough to do some yardwork....and then there is always the annual Spring Cleaning option.....

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.