Thursday, March 18, 2010

stressful times!

i'm getting married this summer.
no, i'm not engaged. we don't have a date set. we have no plans.
but i'm getting married this summer.

chris is going the respectful thing and talking to my parents before he proposes. call us old-school, traditional, whatever-- but this is how we want it to be.

anyways, i (sort of) refuse to plan the actual wedding until i have a ring on my finger (hurry up, May vacation!)... but because we're planning on a short engagement, we're already looking to things for after we get married. in particular, where we'll live.

moving and wedding planning are supposed to be some of the most stressful life events.
just sayin'.

we already found where we want to live! since we're not going to move there until end of july, we're not sure what the openings will be-- but we're extremely hopeful that this place works out, and particularly that a floor plan i love works out. it's across the street from the farmer's market. this is a dream come true for me! i plan on deciding what's for dinner based on what's fresh at the market. it's a half-mile walk to the train station. which means i can not touch my car for an entire week. amazing.

if you're the praying type, please include these two things in your lists:
1) that the place works out if it's supposed to be.
2) that chris and i stay sane through the decisions that are on the way.

2 comments:

  1. Erin, I hope and pray your plans and life together are everything you ever dreamed. If you can get past the stress, the planning is really kind of fun. As creative as you are, I'm sure you will come up with some awesome things. LeLe and I enjoyed the planning process. Or at least I think we did. ha!

    Good luck and you and Chris will me in my prayers.

    With much love,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats ma'am! Remember when planning... it's one day. The ultimate goal is to be happily married for a long time, not having a perfect wedding day that stresses everyone out until they can't see straight. I'm glad that I was reminded of this every once in awhile, when I got a little "bridezilla."

    I can't wait for pics!

    Tamara!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.