let me tell you how nice it was to come home today and just pop dinner in the oven-- it cooked while i played with maya and sewed up a shirt for a coworker. then i just steamed up some fresh green beans and- viola!- dinner was ready. my freezer cooking day really paid off.
how to make your own delicious lasagna rollups:
1) in a large bowl, measure out about 3 cups of low-fat ricotta cheese, a large package of chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, about a cup of finely diced fresh mushrooms, two cups of mozzarella cheese (made with skim milk!), 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, and some spices. i used italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2) get your boyfriend to mix it all by hand so you don't get it under your fingernails.
3) cook up two boxes of lasagna noodles, then drain and lay them flat across your entire table. i put them on parchment paper that was lightly sprayed with non-stick spray.
4) spread the cheese filling on the noodles. about 1/4 cup fills it just fine. make sure you don't put too much filling. there should be enough filling for 32 noodles.
5) roll them up, place on a cookie sheet, and freeze.
6) when it's time to cook, heat the oven to 375 and in a pan put a little tomato sauce, then the rollup, then top with remainder of the sauce. sprinkle with italian seasoning and garlic salt and bake covered with aluminum foil for 1 hour, removing the foil for the last 15 minutes. top with cheese if you want. i didn't need the calories.
it was delicious. i cooked three of them so i have leftovers for tomorrow lunch and dinner.
nom nom nom.