Monday, August 23, 2010

menu on monday

monday: mushroom and parmesan stuffed pork loin, served with brown rice and steamed carrots in honey glaze
prep: none

tuesday: leftovers
prep: none

wednesday: seared tuna on whole wheat spaghetti tossed with roasted tomatoes and peppers
prep: none

thursday leftovers
prep: none

friday: taco soup
prep: none

with just two of us, it's really easy to make something every other day. that's especially good since i'm working full time, taking master's classes, and teaching at a local college in the evenings. i plan the leftover days to be ones where i am teaching, so chris doesn't have to worry about dinner those nights.

i'd like to get to more cooking days, and include this menu to include the weekends. but for now, i don't have the time to plan weekends very well, and they usually just end up being "clean out the fridge" days.

i can't wait to see how tonight's meal comes out! so easy, since i prepped most of it last night- i sauteed mushrooms in a red wine reduction, mixed them with breadcrumbs and cheeses, and stuffed the pork loin that i sliced myself. the house smelled amazing just with the mushrooms cooking! i'm definitely looking forward to blogging about this recipe tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Mmm. I'm coming to your house for dinner. I miss days of eating things that don't have to revolve around kid's taste buds. I usually just cook and tell them to eat but what I wouldn't give for some seared tuna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's enough tuna for you! see you wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I love that you put your menus on here. It gives me ideas for my own family. I plan by the month. Maybe I should put mine up too so you can get ideas from me as well. By the way, I look at your blog too! :-) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to hear how the stuffed pork turns out. Sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.