Wednesday, August 25, 2010

seared tuna on pasta with vegetables

wow.

please don't look at my arms. wait. stop! don't! oh, crap. now that i've mentioned it, you're looking at my arms, aren't you. well, get past that and read the rest of this delicious post.

dinner tonight was awesome. so satisfying. not too heavy, but full of flavor and perfect for the first cool evening in months. chris was hesitant about trying undercooked fish, but he ended up liking it just fine. i cooked his lots longer than mine, probably double the time, and i even overcooked mine, compared to what i normally like it. doesn't matter. it was still delicious.


quick and dirty recipe:
cook pasta. roast cherry tomato halves. microwave a steam-in-bag asian vegetable medley. drain the pasta, then mix all the veggies into it.
sprinkle the tuna steak with a pinch of kosher salt and some italian seasoning. actually, use any seasoning. it's up to you. put it in a hot pan with a touch of olive oil, and sear both sides (my choice) or cook halfway through then flip and cook the rest of the way (chris' choice).

serve as shown:


while eating, say things like "mmmmm", "oh my!", and "wow, this is so good". because, well, it is.

4 comments:

  1. Who knew you could cook? It looks great. Wish you were here to cook for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero. I would never be able to pull that off. And SR would never entertain the thought of eating it if I did. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was tuna night and I missed it! It looks perfect and now I know exactly what I'm ordering when I go out on Saturday night. You win wife of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife is basically amazing. She makes it so dang difficult to not wanna kiss her on the lips, like all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.