Monday, October 18, 2010

the proverbs 31 woman

i say often (maybe not on here, or to anyone... but to myself at least) that i want to be a proverbs 31 woman. but do i know what that means? not really. i like how it sounds, but i have never analyzed the passage (proverbs 31:10-31) to see where i need to grow, and to learn to be like this as second nature.

so i'll be doing just that. over the next, well, undetermined amount of time, i'll be analyzing proverbs 31:10-31 verse by verse. it's going to be a pretty personal time of blogging here, and i'll get into some deep stuff. so i think i'll still have to sprinkle it with fun and posts of how great life is, so i don't feel down by how i don't measure up. you know, cause i'm all of 27 and a newlywed. but i think i need to be a perfect wife and woman. so yeah, it's going to be a tough read.

anyways, i hope i don't lose readers, and maybe i'll even get some people to think about themselves and their relationships. this isn't for everyone, i understand. but it is a pretty biblical way to say how a good wife lives. and since i talk the talk, i need to learn how to walk the walk.

stick around. it might be fun.

3 comments:

  1. I'll stick around! Maybe I'll even read it along with you and do some co-reflecting over on my own blog? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. The Proverbs 31 woman....she's tough to live up to. But, we know she isn't perfect, because there is only One who is. So, we don't have to be exactly like her, just strive to be more like her. I do think that her heart is more important than her actions. At least that is what I tell myself when I fall miserably short. :P So, I'm very into following you on this. I"m interested to see what God reveals to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'll be reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.