Monday, November 8, 2010

falling behind, and other items

i haven't blogged in a while. i haven't had time! i've been busy cooking and feeling sorry for myself.
but i had a good weekend so i thought i'd tell you about it.
well, not about my whole weekend, because i don't have the energy to talk (write?) that much.

but i will tell you about our big purchase.
i wish i had a "before" picture, but i don't. imagine the bookshelf gone, and our old table was like a light wood, pine maybe, almost butcher block, and it was big and round. awkward for the space.


so we bought a new one! we got it as the floor model at an outlet store, so we scored a KILLER deal on it. then we moved the bookshelf into this area for more kitchen storage (extra food storage and for appliances) so i don't have to dig through the back of the cabinets.

like it? we also have the 20th anniversary trivial pursuit out. we're playing games through the holidays. a little here, a little there. after this we're putting out scrabble. i love it.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I love the idea of the shelf in there for extra storage space. I have so many things I want to do with my house and I just don't have the time or money. some of them wouldn't be that expensive, but I just don't have any freaking time. UGH. I hate that! But I also don't want my baby to grow up too fast, so I know I'll miss these days eventually. I need balance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great Erin. I want a new kitchen table and chairs myself. My solid oak round table with no leaf was great when the kids were small. Now with their spouses and grandchildren, it will not be big enough.... Your's looks very nice and elegant. Just like yourself!

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.