Thursday, December 30, 2010

what really gets under my skin

no, don't worry. this isn't one of those "what irritates me" posts. it's just a general complaint with the human race. specifically, americans. myself included.

i get so tired of people wanting to adopt a kid from overseas.
and sponsoring a child in malaysia.
and sending money and food to haiti.

because, dude, there are problems right here.


i'm all for fulfilling our moral duty to help people out. but why cross over to other places while there is still so much wrong in our own country? in our own state? right down the road??

adopt locally. it's cheaper. some states offer free services when you adopt from within your state. help out at a local food bank. volunteer at a homeless shelter. leave the overseas missions and out-of-country help to people who feel spiritually called to do that. focus on helping our own country.
please.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! My mom and I were just talking about this on Christmas Day. I agree. There are tons of problems here. It's not that we should ignore problems else where, but there is a LOT of stuff that can be done right here.

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.