Thursday, January 13, 2011

before and after, the sewing table

how on earth am i supposed to do ANY projects when my sewing table looks like this??!!

desk before 1

i'm not. so, in order to restore creative balance to my life, it was imperative that i clean up. that top box? halloween decorations that needed put up. the yarn has a temporary place until i get even more organized. and everything else? well, i wasn't quite sure. so, i winged it.

desk after 1

and look! a functional sewing desk, and an apron begging to be made. hidden in the drawer? the quilt that i started last year and REALLY need to finish. at least now i have the room to do it!

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty much what my sewing table looks like, except mine is worse. I'm loving your before-and-afters. I think I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the after!!! Good work grasshopper. (Popl Quiz! Do you know where that reference originated?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. other than karate kid, that's all i know! thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.