Tuesday, January 18, 2011

good for the soul

you know, i have some pretty good friends.

i have my darling leann, who is my best friend from a distance. we text, we call, we twitter, we email. but it's not enough. i don't get to see her very often, which means i don't get to see her beautiful baby growing up. the good news is she lives only a 5 hour drive away, so it's not impossible to see each other.

i also have a new friend, sandra. i actually met her at work, and she is so lovely. she's one of those people you can just sit for hours in a coffee shop with, and talk about life and love and god. she's kind and observant. i appreciate having her in my life because she notices things about me (good things!) that i don't even notice myself.

can i send a shout-out to all of my online friends now? really. it's funny, but i've made some pretty great "friends" through twitter.

it's great to surround yourself with people who make you happy, and who bring out the best in you.

3 comments:

  1. Not having any really close friends within touching distance....I have to say I have developed a very close long distance relationship with someone I met once doing genealogy research. She and I email constantly. I was able to see her again once last summer and the short time we had together was NOT enough. I consider her my best friend in the whole world, next to my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I miss you too sweetie. But I'm glad we can stay connected. P.S., how did you get that lovely button on your sidebar???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, friends, where would we be without them? I've moved across the country twice now, but thanks to the magic of the internet, I'm still able to keep in contact with friends 3,000 miles away from where I'm at.

    Shout out to you, my absolutely fabulous online friend. :-) It's a blast getting to chat and blog with you.

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.