Friday, January 21, 2011

my birthday [in pictures]

it was a lovely day. a holiday from work, even. want to know what i did? have no fear. i'm going to tell you.

i started the day with big plans of shopping, treating myself, and having a great day.

starbucks

it's off to a good start, with a trip to starbucks. i dropped husband off at work, so i was out way before the stores opened. best way to waste time? a sugar-free vanilla americano and a reduced-fat berry coffee cake. oh, and my kindle. good times.

doctor

but then, before my relaxing morning can turn into the shopping day, i got a call from husband. he's made me a doctor's appointment for that morning. what?? in dermatology? i don't have any skin problems! but for that one little wart on my knee. so yes, i then went to the doctor's office and had them freeze off my wart. fun (sarcasm).

subway

now, it's finally time to go shopping. so i went to kohl's because i have a gift card. and i must not be in a shopping mood, because i found NOTHING that i wanted to buy. not in clothes, not in shoes, not in housewares, not even in kitchen. wow. so i went to lunch. and yes, i bought a footlong sandwich at subway. have no fear. it's the veggie. with no cheese. and with the sweet onion vinaigrette instead of something fatty like mayonnaise.

pbarn

then, i'm still itching to spend SOMETHING today. so i went to pottery barn, where i also have a gift card! (i love gift cards)... and found nothing. nothing except for store employees who were so much better than me and refused to look me in the eye. seriously. it was weird. unsettling. and not good for the b-day mojo.

so i went home. folded laundry.
took a nap.

joanns

then went to the places i KNEW that i would find something. the places i fit in better than pottery barn, apparently. i went to joann's.

yarn

(insert singing angels here) and to a new yarn shop i've had my eye on.

cupcake

and i bought something at both of them.
then came dinner with husband (chinese food that was devoured so fast the camera couldn't even sneak out of my pocket for a picture in time), and cupcakes for dessert. the cupcake place even supplied us with a candle for our celebrations.

cookbook

as for gifts, my husband got me the best gift ever. seriously. this one deserves it's own post.

mmallow

and my brother got me marshmallow guns. these are so fun. although, i will never get my kid one because you know, it's okay for me to leave mini-marshmallows all over the house-- but if my child does, they go directly to the time-out chair. for reals.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day and I still feel like crap for not sending you a card, at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day!!! At least you had the opportunity to shop knowing you COULD buy if you wanted. :) That's always fun.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sell the marshmallow guns where I work (marshmallow bows and arrows, too. I actually had an entire troop of deployed soldiers order them - we sent like 30 over to Iraq. It made me giggle.

    H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy Butler has yarn too??!! Man makes me want to learn how to knit even more now.

    Happy birthday, looks awesome to me :)

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.