Friday, August 26, 2011

change of... heart?

hello.
i'm erin.

i know you. 
you're sarcastic. and
quick to respond. and
you always know what's best.


no.
not that erin.
i'm the other erin.
you don't see me too often.

i'm not snarky. i'm
compassionate. because i realize that,
while we have all gone through our own types of pain,
we each also need our own methods of dealing with
everything

i'm not so quick to respond.
i'm thoughtful. because if i say the first thing
that comes to me, it might be the wrong thing
for you to hear.

i don't know what's best. i don't know what's best for me
and i sure as heck don't know
what's best for you.

people used to ask me how i was so happy.
i wasn't happy.
i was joyful. which is so much more.
people don't ask me anymore.
either they've gotten used to me, or
i'm not joyful anymore.

i sure hope it's the former.

here's to working on my relationship with God.
then my relationship with me.
then my relationship with
you.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds kind of like a sad post...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not gonna lie...I think I like compassionate Erin better than snarky Erin. There's a time and a place for snarky Erin and she will always be special to me, but compassionate Erin is just better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you just the way you are...joyful, snarky, compassionate, happy, upset. We are all always a work in progress. You are making fantastic progress.

    ReplyDelete

now it's your turn.